Sick of Windows 8?
I commiserate. It’s not convenient when looking for programs, which can be a problem for those who use their computers for work. It can also be a hassle for power users.
Windows 8 itself is a good little operating system, so what’s a user to do?
We got ya covered.
Start Menu 8 is specially designed for Windows 8. It offers a perfect solution for users who work with Windows Start Menu all the time and are not accustomed to the new Metro start screen in Windows 8.
This smart tool brings back both the Windows 8 start button and Windows 8 Start Menu, and offers the option to skip Metro start page, allowing users who only work on desktop to boot to Windows 8 desktop directly.
This is the one that I use on my laptop.
Classic Shell™ is free software that improves your productivity, enhances the usability of Windows and empowers you to use the computer the way you like it. The main features are:
- Highly customizable start menu with multiple styles and skins
- Quick access to recent, frequently-used, or pinned programs
- Find programs, settings, files and documents
- Start button for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Toolbar and status bar for Windows Explorer
- Caption and status bar for Internet Explorer
- Classic Shell has been in active development for 4 years and has over 10 million downloads.