I have used this cake for so many different things. It’s great if you need something at the last minute.
You can also use vanilla or chocolate (or vanilla chocolate swirled) instead of lemon with a simple substitution.
We like it for strawberry shortcake!
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
Makes 8 servings.
1 hour 10 minutes cook time with 10 minutes prep time.
1. mix together 1 cup sugar and butter.
2. add eggs and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice,mix well.
3. add salt,flour,and baking powder to mixture.
4. add milk.
5. bake at 325 in a well greased loaf pan for 1 hour,or until golden brown.
6. Mix 1/3 cup lemon juice,1/4 cup sugar.
7. use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture.
8. over the top of the cake when removed from the oven.
9. serve warm or cool.
Sunday 26 January 2014
Our Twitter friend @williamvrz shared his delicious results with us.
This looks like a great addition for Sunday brunch to me!